‘Friends From College’ is streaming on Netflix. (via @austinfilmfest on Twitter)

5 reasons you should watch ‘Friends From College’ on Netflix

Friends From College is a Netflix original that premiered in July 2018. After the first season ended on somewhat of a cliffhanger, Netflix released the second season in early January. The show is entertaining for a number of reasons, but here are the top five reasons to watch Friends From College:

The cast is phenomenal 

By far the most recognizable names in the cast are Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders, Fred Savage and Billy Eichner. Out of the six friends, Key, Smulders, Savage and Savage’s on-screen partner, Eichner, have made names for themselves in other shows including Key and Peele, How I Met Your Mother, The Wonder Years and American Horror Story, respectively. The rest of the cast includes Jae W. Suh, Annie Parisse, Nat Faxon and Greg Germann. The cast is extremely versatile in its performances in the show and the actors’ other projects, alongs with their energy and chemistry, with each other make the show as enjoyable as it is.

There are the most cringe-worthy moments

You know the feeling you get when someone does something awkward or cringe-worthy in front of you and it brings on the worst case of secondhand embarrassment? That seems to happen a few times per episode in Friends From College. Every episode has at least one moment where the characters do something to spark an unbelievably cringe-worthy moment that you can’t help but laugh at. Uncomfortable jokes at funerals, forgetting best friends’ birthdays or getting caught making out in a Harvard dorm, you name the cringey moment and Friends From College has probably done it.

There are so many romantic combinations to root for 

The show begins with each cast member being married or in a relationship or having multiple relationships. What is so special about Friends From College is each episode develops a love story that you wouldn’t expect. Relationships change so often during the show that it’s interesting to follow and see who you think should be together versus who actually ends up together. The love stories in this show are insanely fun to root for as they grow and change. 

Just when things couldn’t get worse, they absolutely do

That’s exactly how it sounds. In every episode, something hits the fan, and just when you think things couldn’t possibly get any worse, they absolutely do. From cheating scandals to cars drowning in pools, just when you think things are going to improve for the characters, they make a complete 180 and get worse. However, there’s something extremely entertaining about watching people suffer on television shows, so it’s always fun to see how the characters are going to get out of whatever sticky situation they find themselves in. 

It’s extremely easy to binge

A lot of people complain that starting shows is too big of a commitment. However, Friends From College has two seasons, eight episodes per season and they’re all about 30 minutes long. The show can be finished in a few days, or even one day if it’s played continuously through. The show is one that will capture your attention from the start, and keep it throughout. It’s the definition of an easy watch. 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu