It’s National Hot Chocolate Day; the Athena will screen ‘Donnie Darko’ for Sibs Weekend

Today is Thursday, Jan. 31, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Just in time for the cold weather, today is National Hot Chocolate Day. There’s nothing quite like a warm cup of hot chocolate to ease the chill on a frigid winter day.

Check out this article from Bon Appetit for a simple hot chocolate recipe you can make at home. If you feel like braving the the polar vortex, you can also purchase hot chocolate from any of the Uptown coffee shops.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post

Learn how the firefighters of the Athens Fire Department are working to improve fire safety and the department’s ranking. (The Post)

The Athena Cinema is showing Donnie Darko for Sibs Weekend. Check out that and other activities. (The Post)

delfin bautista, the former director of Ohio University’s LGBT Center, had received almost completely positive performance evaluations before being removed from their position earlier this month. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Ohio women’s basketball picked up just its second loss of the season, falling 67-61 to Miami last night. (The Post)

Gavin Block is the men’s basketball team’s senior leader. The Bobcats don’t just want him to be a leader — they need him to be. (The Post)

Here’s a preview of the wrestling team’s upcoming dual meet with Central Michigan. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post

Host Matt Parker is joined by women’s basketball beat reporters J.L. Kirven and Anthony Poisal on this week’s episode of “Leaving at Halftime.” (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s still bitterly cold. Today will be partly cloudy in the afternoon with a high of 18 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

The entire midwest is still frozen. (The New York Times)

Tyson recalled 36,000 pounds of chicken nuggets after receiving complaints about rubber material in the product. (Fox News)

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell addressed several controversies surrounding the league in a press conference Wednesday. (Yahoo! Sports)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu