Squidward will announce the halftime entertainment for the Super Bowl; here’s what you can expect from Gov. Mike DeWine’s first four years in office

Today is Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Rodger Bumpass, the voice of Squidward Tentacles on the Nickelodeon TV show SpongeBob SquarePants, revealed he will announce the entertainment at the 2019 Super Bowl Halftime Show. 

Bumpass posted on Facebook telling SpongeBob fans to tune into the Super Bowl to hear Squidward introduce the halftime entertainment, which is headlined by Maroon 5.

Fans of Spongebob Squarepants requested an iconic performance of “Sweet Victory” from the show as a tribute to Stephen Hillenburg, the creator of the show who died in 2018. 

Between Bumpass’ announcement and the cameo appearance of SpongeBob SquarePants in Maroon 5’s Super Bowl performance preview, fans are getting excited about the tribute.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

A look into the past at African-American treatment in Athens and how history is starting to repeat itself in regards to students’ demands of more diverse faculty (The Post

Here’s what Governor Mike DeWine has on his agenda for his first four years in office (The Post)

Former LGBT director delfin bautista’s appeal was denied Friday. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball hosts Miami at the Convo on Wednesday at 7 p.m. (The Post)  

Here’s how Athens basketball performed during its three games last week (The Post

Podcasts from The Post

Host Georgia Davis discusses the Coen Brothers film The Big Lebowski with Morris Wein. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 23 degrees and a low of six degrees. The wind speeds are expected to be anywhere between five to 10 miles per hour during the day and 10 to 15 at night, so make sure you don’t get blown away. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

The State of the Union address will not take place today. (CNN)

Apple is trying to launch a subscription gaming service — aka the Netflix for games. (9to5Mac)

A dam collapse in Brazil has left more than 50 dead and approximately 300 missing. (USA Today)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu