Meredith finally chose a man on ‘Grey’s Anatomy.’ (via @GreysABC on Twitter)

TV Review: Meredith chose a man on ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ — and just in time for Valentine’s Day

Well, if you were rooting for Merluca on Grey’s Anatomy you can breathe a sigh of relief. 

Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) finally made her decision between Deluca (Giacomo Gianniotti) and Link (Chris Carmack), and she chose the smooth-talking Italian. 

The episode took place over three months. In that time we saw Meredith stand both the men up several times. It seemed like Meredith didn’t know who to choose and to bring into her, what seems like, cursed life.

“I’m a good guy, Meredith,” Deluca said. “I’m not a doormat. If that’s what you’re after, then maybe Link is your guy.”

On one hand, Link was perfect. He is good with children and has a kind heart. But Deluca has this bad-boy attitude about him that makes Meredith go crazy. He was not the safe option, which is probably why she chose him. 

One of the patients in the episode tells Meredith to “kiss the one who turns back time for you,” and that obviously seemed like Deluca from the beginning. 

Meredith takes that advice at the end of the episode when Deluca takes her up to the roof. She is supposed to be on a date with Link, but she follows Deluca. They have champagne, but the fireworks come when they share a passionate kiss to close the episode.

Link would have fit perfectly into Meredith’s life as a mother and surgeon, but Deluca is almost like Derek (Patrick Dempsey). No one will ever replace Derek, but if there is one man who can make Meredith happy, it’s definitely Deluca. And, let’s be honest, they’re going to make a lot of viewers happy.

Here’s how Grey’s Anatomy fans reacted on Twitter:

Grey’s Anatomy airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on ABC. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu