Lightsaber dueling now a recognized sport in France; here’s how filmmakers craft a person’s life into a feature film

Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

If you’re one with the force, get excited. France now recognizes lightsaber dueling as an official sport.

The decision was made by the French Fencing Federation, putting lightsaber dueling in the same caliber as blades used by Olympic fencers. The federation will begin supplying fencing clubs with lightsabers and instructors can specifically be trained to wield those new weapons.

The decision considered the fact that dueling of any sort can be extremely physical. The federation hopes that this decision will help connect modern technology and culture with the art of fencing.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Here are 2019 Oscar predictions straight from the staff of The Post (The Post)

Graduate Student Senate passed a bill to enforce the Green Dot Program, a sexual assault prevention program. (The Post)

Nine biopics are nominated for Oscars. Here’s how filmmakers craft a person’s life into a feature film (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Men’s basketball faced off the Buffalo Bulls last night. (The Post)

Hockey has been flying high after its victory against Iowa State. (The Post)

Women’s basketball has the week off, here’s why that’s important to the team (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Tea’d hosts DJ and Jayse discuss their different style phases and the evolution of fashion. (The Post)

Athens Weather

The weather will warm up to a high of 50 degrees today. But stay cautious, as there is a 90 percent chance of snow. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

President Trump and his administration have launched a campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality on a global scale. (NBC News)

The leaked name of Samsung’s new foldable smartphone is the Galaxy Fold. (Techcrunch)

Karl Lagerfeld, a luxury fashion designer, died on Tuesday. He was 85. (The New York Times)

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu