A new Skype feature allows you to blur your messy background; find out where to donate winter clothes and where to get them in Athens

Today is Friday, Feb. 8, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Forget cleaning your room before that super important Skype interview for your dream job, Skype has a new feature that will blur your background. 

The feature uses artificial intelligence to detect your body in front of the screen while blurring the rest. 

Background blur is available on desktops and laptops with the latest version of Skype, but is still in its trial stages. Skype released a statement saying, “We do our best to make sure that your background is always blurred, but we cannot guarantee that your background will always be blurred.”

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

See where Athens residents can donate winter clothes and also get them when in need. (The Post)

Food pantries and soup kitchens have sprouted up throughout Athens County due to cutbacks in welfare applications, such as SNAP. (The Post)

The university is taking steps to check in on the mental health of student athletes. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Two hockey players will compete on Team USA at the World University Games. (The Post)

Ohio women’s basketball will take on Central Michigan on Saturday at 1 p.m. (The Post)

Ohio hockey will hit the road and play Illinois this weekend. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts Maddie Capron and George Shillcock discuss the State of the Union Address, the government shutdown and much more on Swing State of Mind. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today’s skies will be partly cloudy, but no rain or snow is expected. The high temperature will be 32 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Ozzy Osbourne is in the hospital due to flu complications, according to a Tweet from his wife, Sharon. (USA Today)

President Donald Trump’s campaign looks to expand its communications team to prepare for the 2020 presidential race. (CNBC)

The hit show Modern Family was renewed for its 11th and final season. (The Washington Post)

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu