5 Valentine’s Day date ideas to make some memories with your significant other

It’s that time of year again. Love is in the air, and Valentine’s Day brings people kindness and heartwarming memories to reminisce and create. Here are the top five best dates for you and your significant other this Valentine’s Day:

Movie date

The perfect way to snuggle up with your S.O. is going to see a movie in theaters. The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St., is showing Harold and Maude as a Valentine’s Day special at 7:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. Or if you don’t feel like going to a theater, you could pop some popcorn and snuggle up with a movie at home.

Dinner date

The most classic date idea is taking your S.O. to a romantic dinner at a place of your choosing. Luckily, Athens is home to some amazing restaurants, including Restaurant Salaam, Zoe, Latitude 39 and Jackie O’s. If you aren’t looking to spend a lot of money, even something as simple as Bagel Street Deli would be a great option for a cute dinner date on the big day.

Yoga date

Another great way to spend Valentine’s Day is by getting in touch with yourself and your S.O. through yoga. Athens Yoga Studio, 77 E. State St., is hosting a Heart Warming Slow Flow, featuring a live DJ, from 6:45 p.m. to 8 p.m. It’s meant to incorporate fun and creative sequences with slow, deep stretching to leave you feeling energized and connected with yourself. It’s a great bonding experience for you and your S.O.

Artistic date

Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to tap into your creative side with your S.O. Instead of spending a lot of money on a fancy elaborate date, a simple crafting date is great as well. Take a trip to the Kennedy Museum of Art and enjoy looking at the artwork, and then buy some art supplies from CVS or Walmart and make some crafts at home. You could make anything from heart-shaped love letters to mason jars filled with compliments for your S.O. You’ll be left with fun memories from the day and cute presents for each other. 

If one or both of you are busy on Valentine’s Day, never fear. There is still a date option for you.

Cooking date

The College of Health Sciences and Professions is hosting “With Love From Italy,“ a cooking class inspired by Valentine’s Day where you and your S.O. can go and cook a full meal and then eat it together. The class is a great bonding experience, and there’s nothing more satisfying than cooking a beautiful meal that you get to enjoy. Not only will it be a great date, but you’ll learn cooking skills you can take with you after the class is over — which will come in handy for dates in the future. 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu