A customer exits Donkey Coffee, 17 1/2 W. Washington St., with a cup of coffee in hand. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: Rock out for reproductive rights; release your inner emo at ACRN's Emo Prom

Friday

With Love From Italy Cooking Workshop at 5:30 p.m. at the Grover Center Test Kitchen. Enjoy a hands-on cooking experience just in time for Valentine’s Day instructed by Selena Baker, a nutrition counselor.

Admission: $35 for WellWorks members; $40 for non-members

Galentine’s Gig at 7:30 p.m. at Donkey Coffee and Espresso, 17 1/2 W. Washington St. Attend this fundraiser to benefit Women in the Music Industry (WIMI) at Ohio University, which will feature numerous performances from artists including Magnolia Child and Allison DeWitt.

Admission: Donation-based

Ohio Saxophone Quartet Summit Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the Glidden Recital Hall. Listen to performances by the Bridges Quartet, along with performances by student quartets from Ohio University, Muskingum University and Ohio State University.

Admission: Free

Rocking for Reproductive Rights at 8 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. Enjoy a night of performances by local Athens artists. All proceeds will benefit Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio. 

Admission: $10

Superhero Madness at 11 p.m. in the Hahne Theater in Kantner Hall. Another addition to the Madness series, in which short plays are created and performed in a week, this show ponders the true meaning of superheroes.

Admission: Free

Saturday

Saturday Series: CLDC Certificates at 10 a.m. in Baker 366. Spend your Saturday boosting your resume by completing all the workshop requirements for both the Professional Leadership and 21st Century Leadership Certificates offered by the Career and Leadership Development Center. 

Admission: Free

Celebrate Women: Leaders On and Off the Court at 1 p.m. in The Convo. During halftime of the Ohio women’s basketball game, female student leaders will be recognized for their hard work. This event is sponsored by the Women’s Center, Bobcat Athletics and the Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies program.

Admission: Free with OU ID

ACRN Emo Prom at 9 p.m. at The Union. Reminisce on your childhood emo phase with performances by Sneakthief, Vacation and Tweens. 

Admission: $5

Midnight Meltdown Pajama Party at 10:30 p.m. at Bird Arena. Bring your friends, wear your favorite pair of PJs, and ice skate the night away during this themed rec skate.

Admission: $6

Sunday

Little Fish Yoga at 11 a.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Enjoy relaxing morning yoga designed for all skill levels. Be sure to bring your own mat.

Admission: Free; donations appreciated

Through the Eyes of Time: A Recital to Celebrate Black History Month at 4 p.m. in the Glidden Recital Hall. OU faculty members Wendy Blackwood and Kyle Berkley will perform songs that were composed by African Americans. The recital hopes to highlight the contributions African Americans have made to classical music. 

Admission: Free

Movies to see at The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St.

Animated Oscar Shorts: Friday, 7:20 and 9:55 p.m.; Saturday, 2:35, 6:20 and 9:55 p.m.; Sunday, 2:35, 6:20 and 9:55 p.m.

Live-Action Oscar Shorts: Friday, 5:15 p.m.; Saturday, 4:10 and 7:50 p.m.; Sunday, 4:10 and 7:50 p.m.

The Favourite (rated R): Friday, 5, 7:25 and 9:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2:40, 5, 7:25 and 9:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2:40, 5, 7:25 and 9:30 p.m.

Green Book (rated PG-13): Friday, 8:55 p.m., Saturday, 4:55 p.m., Sunday, 4:55 p.m.

Stan & Ollie (rated PG): Friday, 5:05 and 7:30 p.m.; Saturday, 2:55, 7:30 and 9:50 p.m.; Sunday, 2:55, 7:30 and 9:50 p.m.

@GordinMegan

mg525717@ohio.edu

This story has been updated to reflect the most recent reporting after Mover Shaker dropped out of Saturdays ACRN Emo Prom and was replaced by Tweens.