Offensive Line coach, Bart Miller, meets with the Bobcats offensive line to discuss the next offensive series during the Bobcat's game against the Cavaliers on September 15, 2018.

Football: Ohio announces Allen Rudolph as new offensive line coach

Ohio announced the hiring of Allen Rudolph as its new offensive line coach on Thursday afternoon. 

Rudolph, who was previously the offensive line coach at Arkansas State over the last three years, takes over the offensive line coaching responsibilities previously held by Bart Miller, who became Wyoming’s new offensive line coach. 

Rudolph takes over a group that lost three starters due to graduation and a unit which ranked first in the Mid-American Conference in rushing. This is the Bobcats’ third offensive line coach in three seasons. 

"Adding Allen to our staff is great for our program," coach Frank Solich said in a statement released by the athletic department. "Arkansas State was consistently ranked near the top in the nation in offense during his time there. He also brings great experience from the professional ranks after coaching in the Canadian Football League for several years. I think he'll be a great addition to our staff and will help continue the great offensive line play we have had here.”

At Arkansas State, Rudolph led a unit in 2017 that ranked fifth in the nation in passing offense (342.2 yards per game), 10th in total offense (494.8 yards per game) and 13th in scoring offense (37.8 points per game).

A 24-year coaching veteran, he worked for the Canadian Football League’s Hamilton Tiger-Cats prior to Arkansas State. During his time there, the Hamilton made appearances in the 2013 and 2014 Grey Cup. 

Rudolph was a four-year letter winner at Nicholls State (1989-93) and served as the team's starting center for three seasons. A native of Jackson, Mississippi, he graduated from Southern Mississippi in 1995. 

Solich also made the announcement that offensive coordinator Tim Albin has also been promoted to associate head coach after the retirement of Jimmy Burrow. Pete Germano is now the co-defensive coordinator, taking Ron Collins’ title after he was elevated to defensive coordinator. 

Ohio is set to open spring practice Monday morning at Walter Fieldhouse. Practice starts at 8 a.m. 

@Pete_Nakos96

pn997515@ohio.edu