The exterior of Cutler Hall, located on College Green, which houses the offices of the president, the provost and other senior administrative officers. (Kaitlin Owens / File)

Three people were appointed to be deans at Ohio University regional campuses

Three people were appointed to leadership positions at Ohio University regional campuses.

Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali announced the new appointments Wednesday, which will help OU transition toward the One OHIO model that will empower the regional campuses to work in closer coordination. 

“We recognize the vital role Ohio University’s regional campuses play within their respective communities and within the University as a whole,” Djalali said. “As we shape our institution’s future footprint, now is the time to evaluate areas for efficiencies and consolidations, while investing in innovative academic and administrative activities to ensure the long-term viability of Ohio University across the One OHIO unified system.”

The appointment of Robert Klein, current interim Dean of the Eastern campus, was extended until July 31, according to a university media release. Beginning in August, Jeremy Webster, who currently serves as dean of the Zanesville campus, will then serve as interim dean for the Eastern campus.

Warren Galbreath, associate professor of social work at the Eastern campus, will assume the role of Interim Associate Dean for Academic and Administrative Operations on July 1, to assist with day-to-day administration and operations at the Eastern campus. 

Dywayne Nicely, associate professor of mathematics and interim associate dean at the Chillicothe campus, will also begin his work as interim dean of the Chillicothe Campus on July 1. He will take up the position of  Marty Tuck, who will retire at the end of June.

Following the retirement of Bill Willan at the end of June, Nicole Pennington will become the interim executive dean for regional higher education, while also serving as dean of the Southern campus. Djalali will work with Pennington to develop plans for a revised leadership structure for the regional campus, keeping in line with the goals of the One OHIO model. 

“I am grateful to all the regional deans for their leadership as we advance our vision of One OHIO University,” Djalali said. “This is an exciting time to be at OHIO.”

@NolanSimmons37

ns622217@ohio.edu