Jane and Rogelio have some drama on this week’s episode of ‘Jane The Virgin.’ (Photo via @THR on Twitter)

TV Review: Alba and Jorge tie the knot on ‘Jane The Virgin’

Though it’s known that Jane The Virgin is in the style of a telenovela, it’s truly unfair how audiences are always left on a cliffhanger. 

Last week’s episode ended on another cliffhanger regarding Rose Bridget Regan) and one of her henchmen who has been stalking Luisa (Yara Martinez) and Rafael (Justin Baldoni). This week’s ending is no exception to the cliffhanger pattern with the Rose/Luisa conflict.

This week’s episode ends with Luisa meeting Mateo (Elias Janssen) for the first time after Rafael talked it over with Jane (Gina Rodriguez). While Rafael, Luisa and Mateo are together, Rafael gets a call from one of the detectives investigating Rose’s case, and he tells him that he suspects Rose and Luisa are working together. After the phone call, the audience is left with Rose’s henchman breaking into Rafael’s home.

One thing is for sure: Jane The Virgin writers need to start spending more time on the Rose/Luisa conflict, rather than just throwing in a three minute snippet at the end of the episode.

Throughout the rest of the episode, Jane and Rogelio (Jaime Camil) are working on the pilot episode for their new telenovela, This is Mars, after the producers and Rogelio’s costar, River Fields (Brooke Shields), greenlit the show. 

While Jane is working on writing the pilot, she finds her book publisher’s phone number written on the back of one of Rogelio’s papers and immediately becomes suspicious. After doing some digging, Jane discovers Rogelio promised he’d pay the publishers the money they’d lose if Jane’s book didn’t sell. Upon discovering this, Jane is heartbroken and feels betrayed and gets into a huge fight with Rogelio. However, after talking it over with Xiomara (Andrea Navedo) and Alba (Ivonne Coll), they convince her to make up with Rogelio. 

“You never stop wanting to do whatever you can for your child,” Xiomara said.

Jane and Rogelio make up, just in time to watch Alba walk down the aisle for her wedding to Jorge (Alfonso DiLuca). Their wedding is small and simple, with only Xiomara, Rogelio, Jane, Mateo and Rafael in attendance. Rafael’s attendance to the wedding causes some conflict, but Jane decides he’s part of the family and should be there. 

The episode is unique in the sense that it has a musical number about Alba and Jorge finally getting to have sex, which features a church choir of Rafael, Rogelio, Xiomara and Jane singing the lyrics. Alba and Jorge finally have sex, complete with the cartoon depiction of the couple orgasming, similarly to when Jane had sex for the first time. 

The episode also features an adorable montage of Rogelio and Jane moments, really highlighting the theme of a father-daughter duo throughout the episode. 

Though the episode packed a lot of information, and we didn’t even begin on Petra (Yael Grobglas) and J.R.’s (Rosario Dawson) business, audiences were pleased with Alba and Jorge’s wedding, and had a lot of feelings about Jane’s unrequited feelings for Rafael.

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

Jane The Virgin airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu