Petra gets her heart broken on this week’s episode of ‘Jane The Virgin.’ (Photo via @dailygrobglas on Twitter)

TV Review: Mateo has ADHD and Petra’s heart is broken on ‘Jane The Virgin’

Audiences of Jane The Virgin have been waiting for Rose’s storyline to become more prevalent in the episodes, and this week is not a disappointment. 

Last week’s episode ended with Luisa (Yara Martinez) meeting Mateo (Elias Janssen) for the first time, but Rafael (Justin Baldoni) received a phone call that Luisa had signed Rose’s (Bridget Regan) bank documents, so he decided to cut Luisa off. This week’s episode had Luisa trying to convince Rafael she hadn’t signed the bank documents, and that she just wanted to be a part of their lives. 

Meanwhile, Jane (Gina Rodriguez) is struggling to create a schedule between working at the Marbella, writing her novel and screenwriting Rogelio’s (Jaime Camil) telenovela. On top of her already stressful schedule, Mateo’s teacher calls her and Rafael in for a meeting regarding Mateo’s behavior, and they decide to have him tested for any learning disabilities. 

Rafael is adamantly against having Mateo tested, so Jane goes behind his back and schedules the test. After Rafael finds out, it calls into question their custody agreement, prompting Rafael and Jane to update the agreement as a form of safety for the future if their relationship ever goes sour. 

After the testing is over, Mateo is diagnosed with ADHD, making Jane and Rafael emotional about the future. The good news is: they’re going to work together to make sure Mateo has the best life possible. 

“Mateo’s the same great kid today as he was yesterday,” Rafael said. “We’ve got this, together.”

Jane decides to quit the telenovela to focus her time on her novel, which is what she is truly passionate about. 

Petra (Yael Grobglas) and J.R. (Rosario Dawson) spend the episode trying out long distance, as J.R. is out of town for a job interview in Houston. However, when she returns to Miami, she decides to break up with Petra and get a fresh start with her new job. 

“I’m so sorry, but I need to start over,” J.R. said.

Of course, in typical fashion, the episode ends with Luisa discovering she did sign the bank statements one night when she was drunk, and Rafael officially disowns her from his life. Luisa is so upset that she decides to go over to Rose’s side and help her in any way possible.

Audiences wanted more of a Rose storyline, but were they expecting the end of Petramos and the other chaotic events from the episode?

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

Jane The Virgin airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu