Here are the best gifts and things to do for Father’s Day

Whether it’s helping kids with their homework, spending nights changing diapers or giving out endless amounts of love, dads are a huge part of a lot of people’s lives. Observed by over 100 different countries, Father’s Day is an annual day to celebrate fathers everywhere. For people who want to celebrate Father’s Day, it can be difficult to figure out the best way to celebrate, either with gifts or with activities. Here are the top three gifts to get and top three activities to do with your dad on this Father’s Day:

Top Three Gifts:

Clothing items (specifically ties, shirts and socks)

Clothing can be a tricky thing to purchase for anyone, but it can be especially hard to find clothes for your dad. However, it’s almost impossible to go wrong when it comes to fun socks. A pair of fun socks is one of the best gifts for many different types of people but especially for a dad. In addition to fun socks, it’s almost impossible to go wrong with a nice tie for dads to wear with dress shirts for any event they need. If the tie and socks don’t sound like good options, dads always love shirts. Dress shirts, t-shirts, or any type of shirt for various occasions will make a great gift for your dad. 

Wallet or keychain

A wallet or keychain are both practical gifts for Father’s Day. Wallets are pretty simple in terms of deciding which ones to buy: mostly black or brown leather ones are the typical “dad” wallet type. Keychains, however, can be more personal. The keychain could have a picture of you and your dad or have something kind or memorable written on it. Keychains are a great, cheap and personal gift to make this Father’s Day one to remember.

A book or any type of office accessory

Books are, again, one of the best gifts to get for different types of people, but they work well for Father’s Day, too. It’s easy to listen to what your dad is interested in and then purchase a book or two that reflects what he loves. In addition to books, office accessories are a great gift to make dad happy on Father’s Day. A laptop case, more general office supplies and many other things in the area are perfect gifts.

Top Three Activities:

Go to the zoo

A zoo day can be a great bonding experience between kids and their dad. Spending the day looking at animals, walking around the entire zoo, eating food and making memories with dad are a great way to celebrate Father’s Day. Usually, local zoos offer free or discounted admission to families or just dads on Father’s Day, so there’s a cost-effective aspect to the activity as well as a memorable one. 

Go to the movies

The movies are another example of an activity that can work for multiple occasions, and it’s almost impossible to go wrong with a day at the movies. Simply pick a movie that both you and your dad will enjoy, go to the theater nearest to you, get some snacks and enjoy a great bonding experience. There are a lot of great movies out right now, and the Men in Black: International premiere Friday adds another great option to the list of movies.

Go out to dinner

Dinner can mean a number of different things, but just the act of taking your dad out for a nice meal is one of the greatest forms of appreciation. Dinner is not only a delicious meal, but it’s a great opportunity to speak and bond with your dad and create memories. Whether it be a quick meal at Chipotle or a fancy dinner like J. Alexander’s, a meaningful meal with your dad is the perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu