Anna and Elsa are back in the trailer for ‘Frozen 2.’ (Photo via @MTV on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: ‘Frozen 2’ trailer released during pride month only furthers the theory that Elsa is gay

It’s hard to imagine a sequel to the iconic Disney film Frozen, which ends with Anna (Kristen Bell) and Elsa (Idina Menzel) reconciling, Anna and Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) falling in love, Olaf (Josh Gad) getting his own cloud to keep him alive and the entire kingdom of Arendelle in good spirits with their new queen. However, with the new Frozen 2 trailer, audiences seem to be in for a wild ride.

Though the plot of the film is still up in the air, audiences can expect a tale of Elsa trying to find who she is and how she came to be so in touch with snow through a chaotic series of events. The trailer also indicates more scenes of Anna and Kristoff being in love, Kristoff’s family assisting the team in their adventure and more dangerous plights for the dynamic sister duo.

There has also been plenty of speculation about Elsa’s sexuality and whether or not she is lesbian. Audiences are reading into the fact that creators of Frozen 2 released the trailer in June, which marks pride month. That’s not the only indicator, however. The trailer also shows Elsa in a new look, which fans have been comparing the color scheme to the colors of the lesbian flag

People are viewing Elsa’s journey of self-acceptance through a queer lens, focusing on Elsa finding out who she is with her powers and with her sexuality. Fans are heavily requesting Elsa to be given a girlfriend or for the writers to confirm whether or not she is, in fact, lesbian. 

Here’s how audiences are reacting to the trailer on Twitter:

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu