iTunes is shutting down and being replaced with three different apps; OU athletic director Jim Schaus is stepping down after 11 years

Today is Friday, June 14. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy summer! 

Apple announced the discontinuation of iTunes after 18 years. 

Instead of iTunes acting as a catchall, Apple is creating three separate applications: one for music, one for television and one for podcasts. 

For people worried about their music, TV and movie purchases or their podcasts getting deleted or disappearing, Apple has ensured each purchase and download will be safely stored in the new app upon updating. 

The bottom line is, people will still be able to download their entertainment as per usual, just without iTunes and with separate applications. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Here’s what you’ve missed from The Post:

Ohio University’s athletic director Jim Schaus is stepping down from his role after 11 years. (The Post)

Rudy Rott, former Bobcats first baseman, was drafted into the MLB by the Philadelphia Phillies. (The Post)

Athens Pride Fest is celebrating its third year, and The Post has the scoop on the celebratory events. (The Post)

The Jonas Brothers released a documentary on Amazon Prime about their lives and their epic comeback. (The Post)

Netflix released the fifth season of Black Mirror recently. Here’s a definitive ranking of the episodes (The Post)

You might also want to know…

The FBI are now involved in the Dominican Republic’s local government investigation on why U.S. tourists keep mysteriously dying while visiting the island. (NPR)

If you’re looking to buy an Apple Watch Series 4, they’ve never been as cheap on Amazon as they are right now. (BGR)

Taylor Swift announced her forthcoming album, Lover. (CNN)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu