Hannah lets loose in Latvia on this week’s episode of ‘The Bachelorette.’ (Photo via @bacheloretteabc on Instagram)

TV Review: Will contestants “stay in their lane” on ‘The Bachelorette’?

Contestants cannot seem to “stay in their own lane,” and the drama is only revving up. Hannah’s season took a hard turn last week as she began to lose hope in the process — leading to a heart-to-heart with Chris Harrison to solve her doubts. 

Week seven picked up in Riga, Latvia, for naked bungee jumping, several steamy makeouts and some serious spiritual cleansing. After weeks of unnecessary drama, an emotional reset was far overdo for the fragile Bachelorette. Luckily, Hannah’s questionable state was reassured by a few men that finally validated authentic feelings toward her. 

However, offscreen, a scandal broke this week regarding frontrunner, Jed Wyatt, who allegedly had a girlfriend up until the start of the season. To make matters worse, controversy only grew when Haley Stevens came forward about their prior relationship and revealed the songwriter went on the show to promote his music career. Yikes. 

Here are a few highlights from the latest episode of The Bachelorette:

Bungee jumping in the nude with Garrett

The first one-on-one goes to Garrett, whose relationship with Hannah has been given little screen time aside from his drama with Luke P., so what better way to make up for lost time than naked bungee jumping? 

“Today, Garret and I are gonna take a leap for love,” Hannah said with high hopes. However, her moment of confidence is quickly tainted with fear as the couple freaks out pre-jump. Eventually, they muster up enough courage, strip down, share a kiss and take their leap. Back on the ground, Hannah celebrates by saying, “It felt like freedom.” 

During the evening portion of the date, the two hashed out tension by addressing last weeks drama. Although disappointed, Hannah clarified that she’s “ready to move on” and gave him a rose at the end of the night. 

But it’s only a matter of time before the Luke-ness monster finds out...

Shenanigans in Riga 

Time for the group date! The remaining men meet Hannah at a Riga marketplace to do “all the things.” Of course, this translates to drinking moonshine, tasting European cheeses and arm wrestling in the pubs. 

Hannah’s positive vibe truly set the tone for a group date finally devoid of drama. Major brownie points go to Jed for “wanting to be her rock” and Tyler C. for surprising her with flowers … in front of everyone. “Thank you all for making me so hopeful for tonight and for the rest of the journey,” she gushed. 

But alas, we can’t go too long without Luke drama on this season! Luke lashed out by shaming Hannah after being uncomfortable with her naked date with Garret. 

“Her body is a temple … to expose it to anyone who isn’t her husband, that was just a slap in the face,” Luke confessed in an interview. 

Thankfully, Tyler C. shut down Luke’s ignorance by reminding him that Hannah can do whatever she wants with her body and that she should “live Riga to the max.” Preach Tyler!

Obviously, Tyler snagged the group date rose as well.

Soaring chemistry with Pilot Pete

This week, Bachelor Nation was treated to a very special kind of date: a spiritual spa experience! Frontrunner Peter was the lucky guy chosen for the final one-on-one of the week. The couple spent the day at Pirts, described as “an intimate place where you can open your heart.” How fitting of a location for the emotionally distraught Bachelorette! Things quickly get steamy metaphorically and literally (but mostly metaphorically) as the two massage each other and lounge around in robes. 

“The chemistry is there with Peter. There’s no denying that,” smirked Hannah. 

The two have an intense makeout session inside the sauna and wrap things up in a hot tub outside. 

Peter shows a vulnerable side of himself to Hannah by reassuring her that he is not one consumed by the drama and validates his feelings for her. He gushed, “I’m falling for Hannah. I am so high on cloud nine right now.”  Very punny of you, Pilot Pete. 

He earned a rose. Duh.

“I’ll be your Mr. Right, girrrrrrl”

Usually when a contestant decides to randomly show up at the Bachelorette’s door, things go south quickly. But in Jed’s case, things only went upward. He serenaded Hannah outside her hotel with the same extremely catchy song from the first group date. Jed, please make it available on Spotify. 

Hannah is LOVING it as she aid, “If that’s not out of a romance novel, I don’t know what is.” Agreed. 

Once inside, Jed sings to her more as the two cuddled up and end the evening with a little makeout session. The night quickly turned into a not-so-one-on-one date that Hannah — and Bachelor Nation — clearly needed. 

Good news: Hannah seems to have finally restored her faith in finding love. Bad news: Luke P. got a rose. 

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu