Grandparents built a ‘Harry Potter’-themed fort for their granddaughter; check out the 2019 Welcome Back Edition

Today is Friday, Aug. 23. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy summer! 

Two grandparents built a 350-square-foot Harry Potter themed fortress for their two-year-old granddaughter. 

The outside of the house is complete with a wooden bridge and swing set, and the inside of the house is themed like Platform 9 3/4, Hogwarts, Ollivander’s Wand Shop and there’s even a cupboard under the stairs with a part of Privet Drive. 

Decorating the inside required a lot of magical finishing touches, including Hogwarts letter cushions, broomsticks, a toy basilisk, a Hogwarts snow globe and portraits of the main characters from the series. 

The whole project took six weeks, and was created through Charmed Playhouses. The creative gift was then moved from the workshop to the backyard of the grandparents’ home. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Here’s what you’ve missed from The Post:

Ohio football is gearing up for the start of the season. Here are some takeaways from the team’s second scrimmage (The Post)

A new safety app was launched as a crusade to make Athens safer for its residents. (The Post)

Check out The Post’s 2019 Welcome Back Edition landing page (The Post)

Nickelodeon star and musician Drake Bell will perform on Ohio University’s campus Saturday. (The Post)

Review: The music of the past is making a comeback through film, and Blinded by the Light is no exception. (The Post)

You might also want to know…

Tourists were caught in a terrifying bison stampede at Yellowstone National Park. (NBC)

OtterBox introduced its portable wireless charging system and modular home, OtterSpot. (9to5Mac)

The Amazon rainforest is on fire, and without it, climate change could become irreversible. (CNN)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu