Shakira and Jennifer Lopez will take the stage Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020 for the Super Bowel LIV halftime show. (Photo provided via @pepsi on Twitter)

Twitter Reactions: Jennifer Lopez and Shakira to take the stage together for Super Bowl LIV halftime show

Jennifer Lopez is ready to “set the world on fire” with fellow Latina performer, Shakira, at the Super Bowl LIV halftime show. Pepsi took to Twitter to announce that the duo will take the stage together for the halftime show. 

The duo is following Maroon 5’s Super Bowl LIII halftime performance, and their performance will hold a special place in both Lopez and Shakira’s hearts. Shakira will be celebrating her 43rd birthday in Miami for the big halftime performance. For Lopez, the location is the most important part for her, as her and her fiancé own a home there and have special ties to the city. 2020 also the NFL’s 100th anniversary.

Fans are hopeful for some Shakira and JLo classics like “Hips Don’t Lie” and “Jenny from the Block,” but they also hope the big performance leads to the two pop queens releasing a single together—maybe even an album. More celebrities are expected to be added to the lineup ,and the masses are hopeful for more Latinx representation, with artists like Selena Gomez, Maluma and Pitbull being suggested for additional halftime performers. 

This announcement has some people on Twitter “Feelin’ So Good,” while others are saying “Don’t Bother.” Here are a few reactions:

@SydneyEWalters

sw844317@ohio.edu