Blotter: Student throws up in trash can; people found sleeping in their car

Ohio University Police Department received a call about a drunk man in the third floor restroom of Scott Quad.

OUPD found the 18-year-old sitting on the floor, throwing up into a trash can. He could not keep his balance and had to be supported by police officers.

He was taken to the hospital after EMS responded and is scheduled to appear in court.

Just a jog

The OUPD was called Saturday about a man running shirtless around Ryors Hall.

The 18-year-old was found with bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong scent of alcohol. He was issued a summons for underage consumption by intoxication and taken to South Eastern Ohio Regional Jail.

A wanderer

OUPD received a call Saturday about a man wandering around the first floor of Jefferson Hall. The man had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and an odor of alcohol.

He was issued a citation for disorderly conduct by intoxication and possession of a controlled substance. Contraband was taken and he was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail.

Just Read

OUPD received a call Saturday about an intoxicated woman in Read Hall’s lobby.

The 20-year-old was very unsteady on her feet and had bloodshot eyes, slurred speech and a strong odor of alcohol.

She was transported to the Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail and is scheduled to appear at the Athens Municipal Court.

Cut it out

The Athens Sheriff's Office responded to a dispute between a husband and wife about a lawn mower.

Both parties were told to stay away from each other for a few hours, and were warned that if deputies had to return, persistent disorderly charges would be filed.

Stop the presses

Deputies were called Tuesday when a person delivering newspapers found an open tin can with marijuana in it.

The tin was collected, placed into evidence and set for destruction.

The job hunt

Deputies responded to a suspicious man who was walking onto people’s property.

The man said he was looking for work and no criminal indicators were observed, so the man was released from the scene.

Come on sis

Deputies responded to a report of a man inside the caller’s vehicle. The man claimed the vehicle was his sister’s, but the caller wanted a trespass complaint to be served.

Playing it safe

Deputies responded to a report of a suspicious vehicle and individual. A man and woman were found sleeping in their car.

Both said they were staying with their relatives nearby, but there had been a dispute earlier and to keep the event from escalating, they opted to leave for the night.

What are they meant to do?

Deputies received a call about children playing at a playground. Deputies patrolled the area and saw the children playing, but no criminal activity was observed.

Couch potato

Deputies responded to assist the Fire Department with a woman who was stuck under a couch in her storage unit. She was located and removed from the unit and was medically cleared by ACEMS.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu