Apple announces noise canceling AirPods; a new Italian restaurant opened in Athens

Today is Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

People flexing with their AirPods is about to get a whole lot worse. 

Apple announced the release of new-and-improved, noise-canceling AirPods Pro on Monday. The premium earbuds, though only available in the color white, will hit the market on Oct. 30 for $249 a pop.

Other than their noise-canceling abilities, the earbuds will feature a transparency mode to allow users to listen to their surroundings while wearing them. The earbuds will also include “Adaptive EQ,” which “automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear.”

The AirPods Pro will also be sweat and waterproof, allowing people to not only flex at the gym but also in the pool come summertime again. 

Pre-order your own pair of AirPods Pro here

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Is it too early to listen to Christmas music? The verdict is still out, it seems. (The Post)

A new Italian restaurant opened in Athens. (The Post)

If you are still in need of a Halloween costume, here are some last-minute ideas (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio field hockey’s Weslee Littlefield is no stranger to tough competition. (The Post)

Here’s the latest stock watch for Ohio football after its win over Ball State (The Post)

Ohio cross country’s Josh Park has been a consistent top finisher for the team. (The Post)

Athens Weather

You may want to grab a light jacket for the morning. Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 73 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Pokemon GO introduced its first non-binary character. (GamesRadar)

John Legend and Kelly Clarkson are re-recording a version of “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” that emphasizes consent. (HuffPost)

Popeyes’ famed chicken sandwich is making a return this upcoming weekend. (NBC News)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu