'Hocus Pocus' is getting a reboot on Disney+; Marshalls opened last night

Today is Friday, Oct. 25, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Disney+ has announced and launched development of a sequel to a 1993 Halloween favorite: Hocus Pocus.

This is not the first time *Disney has tried to reboot the movie. Two years ago, Disney Channel tried to make a “Hocus Pocus” TV movie featuring a new cast, but the idea never came into fruition.

There is hope that the Disney+ version will bring back Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy, the stars of the first movie, but it hasn’t been confirmed.

The original film was not a big success at the box office and only had a $28 million budget. However, it seems that the movie is still a staple and a must watch during Halloween festivities.

Disney+ doesn’t launch until Nov. 12, so if you’re looking to watch the cult classic during spooky season, you will have to find another streaming service that offers it.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Marshall’s is now open. Here’s what you need to know (The Post)

ReUse Industries is holding their fifth annual ReUse Competition. (The Post)

Marlon Wayans performed at Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium last night. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Meet Ohio football’s last October opponent, the Ball State cardinals (The Post)

Ohio field hockey will finish up the regular season against Miami and UC Davis. (The Post)

Here’s a look at Ohio volleyball’s next two Mid-American Conference games (The Post)

Athens Weather

Break out a hoodie and grab a pumpkin spice drink! Today will be cloudy with a 0% chance of rain. The high will be 65 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Twitter’s stock dropped 20% due to advertising problems. (CNN)

TCL created a foldable phone that has two hinges and bends into three parts. (CNET)

Lizzo extends writing credits for her song “Truth Hurts” to one other artist amid plagiarism allegations. (AP)

@CharCCaldwell 

cc670717@ohio.edu