The McRib is headed back to McDonald’s menu; OU has suspended all fraternity chapters

Today is Friday, Oct. 4, 2019 Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

McDonald’s may be known for the Big Mac, but the infamous McRib is headed back to the company’s menu this fall.

A menu item that’s had its fair share of appearances on McDonald’s menu, the McRib will return to the fast food chain’s menu Oct. 7. The sandwich — which consists of a pork patty covered in barbecue sauce, pickles and slivered onions atop a bun — is returning to more than 10,000 McDonald’s locations. Following the sandwich’s norm, it will most likely disappear from menus in the next couple weeks or so. The menu item costs a whopping $3.69 per sandwich, according to Chewboom.  

To ensure you can bask in the McRib’s barbecue-y goodness, check to see if the sandwich is coming to a McDonald’s near you here

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Ohio University suspended all 15 fraternity chapters because of hazing allegations.  (The Post)

The 13th annual Battle of the Blitz will take place Saturday. (The Post)

It’s National Taco Day! Here are all the taco hotspots in Athens (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio football travels to Buffalo for its first conference game of the year (The Post)

Ohio hockey hosts Toledo in its second series of the year. (The Post)

Ohio field hockey looks to bounce back with two home matches this weekend. (The Post)

Athens Weather

The heat is finally making way for fall! Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 69 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Uber has launched “Uber Copter” in New York City. (CNET)

MGM Resorts has agreed to pay up to $800 million dollars to victims of the 2017 Las Vegas shooting. (NPR)

Will Smith has dropped a Fresh Prince of Bel-Air-themed clothing line. (Us Weekly)

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu