Ohio University Sororities hang banners in support of sexual assault survivors in response to the banners that were hung welcome weekend in Athens, Ohio. (FILE)

Three sorority chapters and a professional fraternity receive cease and desists

Ohio University issued a cease and desist order Wednesday for three sorority chapters and one professional fraternity after receiving hazing allegations.

The three sororities — Delta Zeta, Chi Omega and Pi Beta Phi — are all members of the Women’s Panhellenic Association. Phi Chi Theta, a professional fraternity at OU, was also issued a cease and desist order.

OU does not have reason to believe there is a systemic culture issue within the Women’s Panhellenic Association organizations or professional organizations, according to a university press release.

The Ohio University Police Department has reviewed the allegations against the four chapters. The investigations currently have not found that any chapters’ allegations “have risen to the level of actionable criminal activity,” according to a university press release.

An official university investigation will also be conducted for all four chapters, according to a university press release. No other details may be released during the time of investigation.

The cease and desist orders come after the suspension of all fraternity chapters on campus. Nine fraternities now have hazing allegations against them and are being investigated, according to a previous Post report

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu