Friendships are questioned during Thursday’s episode of ‘The Good Place.’ (Photo provided via @TedDanson on Twitter)

TV Review: Janet can’t be trusted, Jason is on a mission on ‘The Good Place’

After four seasons of great content, The Good Place continues to surprise audiences. 

Last week’s episode ended with Eleanor (Kristen Bell) gaining more intel on the humans in the good place experiment and a cliffhanger with someone quickly approaching the good place.

This week’s episode picks up with the group after three weeks of no productivity. They’re questioning what their next move should be, but Michael (Ted Danson) thinks they should take it easy. 

After the last episode ended with trouble approaching, that trouble turns out to be none other than the demon Glenn (Josh Siegal), who claims Michael isn’t who he says he is. 

Glenn claims Michael is actually the demon Vicky (Tiya Sircar) in a Michael suit. He gives Eleanor a convincing story about how Michael was kidnapped and replaced by Vicky, and she decides the best thing to do is interrogate them both and figure out which one is lying. 

Janet (D’Arcy Carden) decides to make a lie detector test after the interrogation doesn’t tell them anything. When Janet points the lie detector test at Glenn, he blows up, and she feels horrible about what she’d done. 

Michael knows the group will never believe he’s telling the truth about being the real Michael, so he offers to blow himself up so he won’t be dead, but he won’t be a problem in the experiment anymore. 

However, right before he blows himself up, Jason (Manny Jacinto) puts special handcuffs on Janet that reveal she isn’t actually good place Janet, but she’s bad place Janet. 

Bad place Janet tells the group that she marbleized good place Janet and created a plan to slowly ruin the good place experiment, until Glenn showed up. 

Jason is outraged and enlists Michael to help him travel to the bad place and save Janet, and Michael and Eleanor make up after the speculation against him.

“You sure you can hold down the fort?” Michael said.

“Not at all,” Eleanor said. “You sure you can do your thing?”

“No,” Michael said. “We’ll just try our best, right?”

And with that, Michael and Jason headed to the bad place to save Janet’s life. 

It was difficult watching Eleanor doubt Michael because he is her best friend, and what made it even harder was the fact that she couldn’t talk to Chidi (William Jackson Harper) about it. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

The Good Place airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. on NBC

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu