Instagram to release a new video editing tool; a new distillery will open in Athens this weekend

Today is Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

It seems like social media is constantly evolving and taking ideas from each other. The newest update to Instagram will bring a feature that TikTok users will be familiar with, given it performs well in Brazil. 

In August 2016, Instagram released the “stories” feature which seemed to copy the entire premise of the Snapchat app. Recently, Instagram released a feature in Brazil, called Reels, that seems to copy the Duet feature on TikTok. The new feature allows users to adjust the speed and add music or other peoples audio to the 15 second videos. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Learn more about the sustainable fashion brand, Creamy Studios. (The Post)

Here’s what to do and what not to do when it comes to recycling in Athens (The Post)

Enjoy some new local cider and spirits at this new local distillery. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball’s redshirt sophomore, Caitlyn Kroll, is happy to be back playing meaningful basketball. (The Post)

Here’s what you need to know about Ohio hockey’s loss to Liberty on Friday (The Post)

Ohio women’s basketball won against Marshall on Wednesday. (The Post)

Athens Weather

We’ll get a slight break from the frigid temperatures today. It’ll be partly cloudy with a high of 44 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Harry Styles announced his 2020 tour called “Love on Tour.” (CNN)

A Vietnam war veteran has become the first paralyzed person to finish a marathon. (CBS News)

The newest streaming service, Disney +, reached 10 million sign-ups in its first day. (CNBC)

@SydneyEWalters

sw844317@ohio.edu