War is on the horizon as the midseason finale of ‘The Walking Dead’ looms. (Photo provided via @TheWalkingDead on Twitter)

TV Review: ‘The Walking Dead’ killed off a major character on Sunday’s episode

All season, Siddiq (Avi Nash) has been haunted by being forced to watch the Whisperers murder many of his close friends. On top of that, he has been struggling to find what is making all of the Alexandrians sick, which viewers know is tainted water from the Whisperers.

In Sunday’s episode, Carol (Melissa McBride) and Daryl (Norman Reedus) brought back the Whisperer that they took hostage and wanted to torture him. However, Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) insisted that he be treated for his wounds. While being treated, Carol came up with a plan to show Whisperer Lydia (Cassady McClincy) to prove that Alpha (Samantha Morton) had kept her alive and lied to her group.

However, before Carol can bring Lydia to the Whisperer, he dies after Dante (Juan Javier Cardenas) gives him poison hemlock accidentally. Eventually, Siddiq discovered that Dante was the one who forced his eyes open when the Whisperers killed his friends, but before he can tell anyone else, Dante strangled Siddiq.

Elsewhere, Aaron (Ross Marquand) continued to talk with Gamma (Thora Birch). Carol was determined to show a Whisperer that Lydia was alive, and thus, presented her to Gamma, who was furious. Lydia also realized she was being used and ran off into Whisperer territory, which could threaten the Whisperer group as a whole. As the fallout continues and the midseason finale looms, there is certainly war on the horizon.

Here’s how fans reacted to the episode on Twitter:

@huntergraffice

hg551416@ohio.edu