An Ohio steakhouse owner is honoring Joe Burrow; Number Fest has ended after 15 years

Today is Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

The national championship may be over, but LSU quarterback Joe Burrow is still making an impact. 

On Jan. 18, Ohio restaurant owner Jeff Ruby announced a new addition to his steakhouse’s menu — a dish to honor Burrow. 

According to the RubyCulinary twitter account, The Steak Burrow is a 16-ounce blackened prime ribeye with Creole crawfish sauce.

For every Steak Burrow sold, the steakhouse will donate $9 to the Athens County Food Pantry, helping support a cause that Burrow mentioned in his Heisman Trophy speech last month. 

The steak is only available at Ruby’s downtown Cincinnati location of the restaurant chain, located at 700 Walnut Street. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Athens residents and Ohio University students took part in a silent march on Monday to honor Martin Luther King Jr. (The Post)

After 15 years of providing music and fun for college students, Number Fest has come to an end. (The Post)

Columbus-based fashion brand, McEw, puts an emphasis on being one’s best self with its athletic clothing. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball’s Cece Hooks is on track to break her own steals record this season. (The Post)

Ohio men’s basketball will take on Toledo tonight. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts Hannah Burkhart and Justine Orr discuss recently released music on the first episode of The Heat of the Beat. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is mostly sunny, with no precipitation. The high is 33 degrees, so make sure to dress in all the layers before going outside. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab

You might also want to know…

In 1,095 days, President Trump has made roughly 16,000 false or misleading claims. (The Washington Post)

The CEO of Google called for a regulation of artificial intelligence. (ABC)

Prince Harry gave his first statement since splitting from the royal family. (ABC

@BussertMaddie

mb901017@ohio.edu