The season premiere of ‘The Bachelor’ contained lots of drama, tears and kisses for Pilot Pete. (Photo provided via @bachelorabc on Instagram)

TV Review: Hannah Brown returns twice during the season premiere of ‘The Bachelor’

Prepare for takeoff, rose lovers.

The end of the holiday season always signifies one silver lining: new year, new Bachelor. Season 24 of The Bachelor will be piloted by none other than Peter Weber, who was left broken-hearted as Hannah Brown’s second runner-up. This time around, Weber gears up for another chance at love as he tries to find his “co-pilot for life.” 

In the meantime, there will be no shortage of turbulence and drama as Pilot Pete gets to know the group of 30 women, while navigating who is there for the “flight” reasons along the way. Hopefully, there will be many windmill moments to come. Here are some highlights you may have missed from the season premiere of The Bachelor:

Most memorable entrances

As we all know, the first steps out of the limo have the potential to make or break a contestant. Many chose the windmill route, while others played the pilot card. Near the top of the most memorable entrances of the evening was Eunice, who believed her defining trait was her occupation as a flight attendant. She confidently wore a pair of angel wings, saying, “I figured I would just wing it. I’m different.” However, her fantasy was shattered once she realized everyone and their mother is a flight attendant on this season. 

Due to his windmill moment(s) with Hannah, Peter gained a rather sensual reputation that some women played into during their entrances. Lexi revved up attraction by rolling up in a classic red car and greeting him with the words, “Clearly, I like to go fast. I hear you do, too.” Other explicit entrances include Deandra, who arrives dressed as a windmill, yelling, “Are you ready for round five?” Good one, he’ll hear the same question six more times. Payton comes out of the limo just screaming, “Four Times!” while Jasmine points out, “I heard you did it four times in a windmill” in Chinese. Bold!

Be prepared, rose lovers. The windmill jokes won’t be going anywhere any time soon. 

The beast is back

Just when the women think the limo entrances are over, Hannah Brown arrives. Is there anything worse than moving on and your ex suddenly showing up? Love that for you, Pete.

Nonetheless, the beast is back, and her intentions were questionable at first. Peter and his wholesome nature welcomed her, but the tension was all there. The two break the ice, and Hannah reveals the true reason why she was there: to give back his pilot wings that he gifted her. 

“When I heard you were going to be the Bachelor, I had mixed emotions, but when I stood where you are, you wanted to find your co-pilot. I want you to find your person, so I brought these back for you,” she tells Peter before hugging him goodbye. 

Later in the episode, Hannah makes another special appearance during a group date. Before we know it, Hannah is bawling her eyes out about her decision — claiming she still has feelings for Peter. The two certainly have unfinished business, but it was certainly a slap in the face to Peter, who felt like a third choice after her relationship with Jed blew up and fizzled out with Tyler. It seemed shady on Hannah’s part that she would be so regretful not choosing Peter as soon as he tries to move on. Little too late, sis.

First impression rose: Hannah Ann 

After breaking the record for the most night one interruptions, Hannah Ann receives the first impression rose. It’s still unclear whether she'll be a hero or a villain, but one thing is certain: She knows how to play her cards right. 

Hannah had no issue stepping on toes in order to get her time — and makeouts — with Peter as she claimed she's “not the aggressive type but wants to show her effort.” Just like that, the first feud is underway as Shiann confronts Hannah for cutting off her time and ends up in tears. Turbulence will certainly be consistent with these two. 

First group date rose: Kelley

First group date of choice? Flight school, of course. The girls are put to the test as they compete in an airplane-themed obstacle course for a sunset flight over Los Angeles with Peter. Kelley and Tammy race neck-and-neck to the finish line, with Kelley cheating her way to the finish line and winning the group date rose. She has a romantic moment with Peter but meets everyone else’s wrath as soon as she returns. “I don’t want to come off as mean, but you did cheat,” Tammy points out. Kelley acts totally aloof, claiming, “I didn’t know the rules were going to be extremely strict.” Neither did we.

Much to everyone’s surprise, Kelley and Peter had a brief encounter before the show started filming. What could make things even more strange? The evening cocktail party was not-so-coincidentally at the same hotel where they met. “We’re at the exact place where I randomly ran into Kelley!” Peter says as they awkwardly reenact the first moment they met in the lobby. Nice job, production crew. 

First one-on-one date: Madison

Madison secures the first one-on-one date of the season. Straight out of the limo, her southern charm caught Peter’s attention. “Night one, Madison had such great energy from the beginning … I have a thing for southern girls, I guess,” he admitted. 

Peter cuts to the chase quickly by bringing her … home? Madison meets his entire family and accompanies him to his parent’s vow renewal ceremony. Although the pressure is on, she admits it was the “most incredible date of her life.” Probably because she caught the bouquet. Are we surprised?

At dinner, the couple whisper sweet nothings to each other about wanting a long and happy marriage like their parents have. Right off the bat, Madison shows territorial qualities, explaining she’s scared of having to share him with the other girls. However, she quickly shows an unbearing side of herself as she says, “I want you to be with the person that’s best for you. But I’m really hopeful, and I think you’re incredible.” Of course, she gets the rose. 

The Bachelor airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

@maadilewellyn

ml203417@ohio.edu