From the Editor's Desk: With love, from 'The Post' staff

The Post’s loved ones have put up with a lot between our late night hours, breaking news and everything else. Thank you for reading our stories every week, sharing our work and putting up with us talking about the news all the time. 

The Post opens up this column every year to allow Posties to remind their family, friends, significant others and pets how much we love and appreciate them and their support. Here is what some from our staff as to say:

Shelby Campbell, opinion editor

To Morgan, Kristin, Luke and Raja,

There’s no one in the world I’d rather love than you folks. You're all always on my mind. Thanks for always listening to Steely Dan with me. 

Bre Offenberger, copy chief

To Riley,

Thanks for making my days brighter and smiles wider. Alexa, play “You’ll Always Be My Best Friend” by Relient K. I love you forever!

Riley Runnells, assistant culture editor

To Bre and Ian, 

Bre, you’re my partner in crime and my absolute best friend. I love you forever. Ian, you’re the best person I’ve ever met, and you make me excited to wake up in the morning. Thank you both for always being my rocks. I love you both more than words! 

Riley Scott, assistant art director

To Adam Girmann,

The first time I told you I loved you, it was by accident. So this is my formal apology for yelling “Wait, no, I didn’t mean that!” immediately after because I definitely did. And I’ve loved you more and more every day since. 

Keri Johnson, staff writer

To Andrew, 

You are my rock and the most wonderful person I know. I’m so glad I get to love you. We're two slow dancers, last ones out.

Taylor Burnette, reporter

To the person who loves me the most,

Thank you for every good morning text and always picking up every phone call. You give the best hugs and the most thoughtful gifts. You’re my biggest supporter, and I couldn’t be more grateful. I love you, mom!

Mijana (Midge) Mazur, web development director

To Andrew,

Thanks for always being patient with me and for always being there. You’re better than O'Betty's after a long night out :). I’m gonna love you for a long time, and I love you mostest. 

Jela Latham, designer

To Noah, 

I love when you kiss me. I love when you miss me. Just remember your heart is always safe with me. 

Ian McKenzie, assistant news editor

To Riley,

Thank you for being the person I can always count on. You’ve got a hold on my heart.

And I especially appreciate that you remind me to eat even when I don’t want to. 

Rilee Lockhart, art director 

To Nathan, 

I wish I was better with words so that I could tell you what you mean to me. I’m so lucky to have fallen in love with my best friend and to have you by my side every day, and I look forward to all the days to come. I love you a billion plus one. 

Kelsey Boeing, director of photography 

To Zoe, 

I forgot how to do the fancy e so please forgive me, but I am so lucky to have you in my life. You are one of the most amazing things to happen to me. I appreciate everything you do including using your swipes so I can have groceries. 

Ellen Wagner is a senior studying journalism at Ohio University and the editor-in-chief of The Post. Have questions? Email Ellen at ew047615@ohio.edu or tweet her @ewagner19