Tito’s Vodka does not kill 99.99% of germs; the Marching 110’s Performance Tour to Japan has been canceled due to coronavirus.

Today is Friday, March 6, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Out of hand sanitizer? Simply replace it, and don’t feel inclined to make your own. Tito’s responded to claims made by a customer stating they had made their own hand sanitizer out of the popular vodka brand.

While it may seem fun to adventure and experiment with a new medium for all your sanitizing needs, science isn’t on your side. CDC officials warn the alcohol content of Tito’s (40%) is not enough to kill germs or provide the level of cleanliness typically wanted for standardized cleaning agents. In order for an alcohol to be strong enough to act as a hand sanitizer, the alcohol content must reach or exceed 60%. 

For those still interested in making their own disinfectant solution, The World Health Organization (WHO) has a guide for just that. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

The Marching 110’s Performance Tour to Japan over the summer has been cancelled due to coronavirus. (The Post)

Saturday is International Women’s Day, a day dedicated to commemorate the historical progress women have made. (The Post)

Check out these unusual Amazon products that are useful and affordable. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s what to look out for in Ohio hockey’s game against Illinois on Saturday. (The Post)

Ohio women’s basketball hopes time hasn’t run out on its struggling defense. (The Post)

Athens Weather:

Today will have a high of 34 degrees with clouds and a chance of snow showers. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Tulsi Gabbard is still in the 2020 race for President. (CNN)

BYU reverses decision on homosexual relationships, putting LGBTQ students at risk. (Washington Post)

French Youtuber’s Orbeez stunt goes very, very wrong. (Mirror UK)

@HiltnerJack

jh396418@ohio.edu 

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director