Bobcat Student Orientation moved online amid fears of COVID-19

Ohio University incoming freshmen will not be coming to campus for Bobcat Student Orientation this year.

The university will be holding its summer orientation online this year due to the coronavirus, according to its website. The dates for the program will remain the same. 

BSO is still required for all first-year and transfer students and will allow for access to academic advising and course registration. Some traditional BSO activities will be made virtual through new online activities, although those activities were not specified. 

Incoming students are requested to sign up for BSO as soon as possible.

To participate in the BSO program, students will need a computer with an internet connection. Students who do not have access to that technology and need help were told to contact the university.

Beginning in early May, students who signed up will receive information for placement testing and online programs to complete before they participate in BSO remotely, according to the website.

Around the middle of May, information about the program agenda and the platform that BSO will take place on will be sent out. Information for parent and guardian participation will also be sent out. 

Families who already registered for a BSO day should keep their schedules clear and plan to participate in the day they signed up for.

Many incoming freshmen are nervous about how an online orientation will work, according to a previous Post report.

For some incoming freshmen, their first campus experience now might be on move-in day.

@thatdbemyluck

tb040917@ohio.edu