The merit of Chloe Ting’s infamous two week shred challenge is not only in the physical results, but the mental results as well. (Photo provided via @chloe_t on Instagram)

I tried Chloe Ting’s 2-Week Shred Challenge so you don’t have to

Believe me when I tell you: I hate working out. I find it so tedious, especially trying to come up with a routine that targets what I want to work on without making me feel bored day after day. I’ve tried several different methods, but nothing seems to keep my motivation alive. 

I heard a lot of people trying Chloe Ting’s workout programs. For those of you who don’t know, Chloe Ting is an Australian trainer who posts free workout programs on her YouTube channel. By visiting her website, people can choose challenges like the four-week shred, 25 day hourglass, five weeks booty or three weeks lean arms. Once I heard about the trending workouts, I decided to give it a try. 

I chose one of the shorter, more intense workouts to start: the two-week shred challenge. Now I’ve tried fad workouts before, but I’ve never seen any results. I will admit this is partially because of my body type but also because I’ve never seen a fad workout that had impactful results.

Chloe Ting’s two-week shred is one that I would actually recommend. The program never takes more than an hour per day and sometimes is as short as 25 minutes. Not only is it not a huge time commitment, but there are actually good results. After just two weeks of no more than four videos per day, I see definition in my abs and an overall more toned image of my entire body. 

Two of the videos, you do consistently every day. The first is a full body HIIT workout that lasts about 13 minutes, and the second is an ab workout that lasts about 10 minutes. 

Other workouts are rotated throughout, like the lower body workout that targets your butt and your legs, and the arms and core workout. There’s also another ab workout called 11 line abs that works on definition and even an Ariana Grande abs video that pairs music with exercise. 

The workouts are not (I repeat, not) easy for someone who is out of shape. That’s how I started: completely out of shape and needing multiple breaks throughout the workout. I will say, as the days continued, they got somewhat easier. What’s important is to make sure you are eating well and getting good rest because without both of those, the workouts will continue to be extremely difficult on your body.

The best part about Chloe Ting’s two-week shred is not the physical results, but the mental ones. I feel so good about myself and my health after just two weeks. I feel like I’m doing something that’s pretty easy and non-time consuming that makes me stay active and healthy. In addition, the discipline I had to practice to keep up with the workout program over two weeks was very helpful in my everyday life and satisfying to know I accomplished that goal. My physical results were small, but my mental results were everything. 

If you don’t want to just take my word for it, here are some YouTube videos of girls with all different body types trying Chloe Ting’s workouts and the results they found: 

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu