KFC hits pause on its iconic slogan; here’s how an Athens collective is raising awareness about local policing methods

For now, the staple fast food establishment Kentucky Fried Chicken is simply “good.”

The chain announced in a statement earlier this week that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, usage of the catchphrase “finger lickin’ good” will be paused. 

Public health officials have warned against touching one’s face as one way to help mitigate the spread of the virus. COVID-19 has put the world in a unique situation, and KFC’s slogan doesn’t align with it, Catherine Tan-Gillespie, global chief marketing officer at KFC, said in the statement. 

No menu items will be changed as a result of the move. The slogan pause is a new marketing strategy for the restaurant and it will be used again when the “time is right.”

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Activists in Athens are using data and public records to raise awareness about abuses in local policing. (The Post)

Rollerbowl Lanes is back and better than ever after undergoing remodels (The Post)

Despite the coronavirus pandemic, Ohio University students are excited to be back in dorms with safety measures in place. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Athens High School will kick off a shortened season against Alexander today. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts Riley Runnells and Bre Offenberger return to discuss the biggest entertainment news of the summer. (The Post)

Athens Weather

The rainy weather will likely continue today. There’s a 70% chance of thunderstorms and a high of 85 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Hurricane Laura is devastating the Gulf Coast. (Washington Post)

Russia will not investigate an alleged poisoning attempt against one of Vladimir Putin’s biggest critics. (The Guardian)

Walmart is entering a joint-bid with Microsoft to buy TikTok. (CNBC)

@abblawrence

am166317@ohio.edu