Trump heads to Wisconsin, where he blames the press for recent riots; CPS’ number gets added to student ID cards

Today is Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

As President Trump heads to Kenosha, Wisconsin, where recent protests have taken place over the police shooting of 29-year-old Jacob Blake, he said “we have a very dishonest press,” and they should be to blame for the ongoing violence and destruction. 

Due to the destruction of Kenosha, Trump has since claimed he has been the one to order the National Guard to seize mass annihilation, when truthfully, Democratic Gov. Tony Evers had interrupted protests and demolition prior to Trump’s order. 

Trump believes much of the fire surrounding the issue would not be present if we had a more “advanced, honest press.” He claims the media should be under criticism even more so than his opponent Biden. 

As Trump prepares for his trip, he plans to visit previously destroyed property, a local high school and discuss community guidelines and security. However, he will not be meeting with Blake’s family, considering they wanted to “involve lawyers.” 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

After COVID-19 took a toll on many students’ mental health, Student Senate was able to provide CPS’ number on the back of student ID cards as a result. (The Post)

The city has suffered a great loss of revenue from a decline in parking fees, due to less uptown parking. (The Post)

The seventh annual Superhero 5K will be happening virtually this year, taking place over the weekend. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Plan on staying inside today, as there is an 80% chance of thunderstorms throughout the day. Humidity will be present, however, as there is an expected high of 83 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

1.1 million public school children in New York City will continue remote learning until Sept. 21. (The New York Times

Black man Dijon Kizzee was fatally shot after dropping a bundle that included a gun. (AP News

Here are the five key moments from the 2020 MTV VMAs. (Vogue

@emmadollenmayer

ed569918@ohio.edu