The Sanderson Sisters return for Halloween; Jason Pina is leaving OU

Today is Tuesday, October 6, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

In honor of spooky season, Bette Midler posted a behind the scenes look at the Sanderson sisters in a dress rehearsal.

Midler said the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus, including Sarah Jessica Parker, Kathy Najimy and herself, will return for one night on Oct. 30 at 8 p.m. for “In Search of the Sanderson Sisters: A Hocus Pocus Hulaween Takeover.”

The event is to support the New York Restoration Project (NYRP), founded by Midler. The NYRP works to plant trees, renovate gardens, restore parks and transform open space for communities throughout the five boroughs of NYC.

Other special guests include Glenn Close, Billy Eichner, Adam Lambert, John Stamos, Meryl Streep, Billy Crystal, Jennifer Hudson and more, with host Elvira, Mistress of the Dark fronting the pack. 

Head to NYRP’s website to reserve a ticket for the broadcast. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Jason Pina, OU’s vice president of student affairs, is leaving the university. (The Post)

Check out this Q&A with KID BRUNSWICK. (The Post)

Here’s what happened at city council. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is cloudy with a 60% chance of morning showers, but cloudy and no precipitation at night. The high is 65 degrees and the low is 54 degrees, so grab your jacket for the fall season. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A missing hiker was found alive in Zion National Park after disappearing almost two weeks ago. (CBS This Morning)

Here are five alternatives to the iPhone 12 that cost under $700. (CNN)

Over 50,000 people march in Belarus against an authoritarian leader. (The Associated Press)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu