President Obama is set to hit the campaign trail for his former Vice President, Joe Biden; Jefferson, Tiffin residence halls have moved into quarantine after COVID-19 outbreak

Today is Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

As the presidential race enters its final weeks, former President Barack Obama is set to hit the campaign trail for his former Vice President, Joe Biden, very soon. His support is expected to further Biden in the running, as he wants to do everything in his power to help Biden win come Election Day. 

Obama has been involved in the campaign thus far, as he has already participated in several fundraisers backing Biden. He even has gone as far as to give a primetime speech during the Democratic National Convention, where he criticized President Donald Trump’s approach in preventing the spread of COVID-19. 

However, Obama still has not traveled to any of the common battleground states on behalf of Biden, due to Biden’s approach to reduce in-person contact. Biden said on the tarmac in New Castle, Delaware, "(Obama’s) doing enough for our campaign. He’ll be out on the trail, and he’s doing well.”

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Jefferson and Tiffin residence halls have moved into quarantine after reported outbreaks of COVID-19 cases. (The Post)

Read about how OU is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month. (The Post)

Here’s what went down on last night’s premiere of The Bachelorette. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Enjoy some perfect weather with a high of 70 degrees and no chance of rain. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive for COVID-19. (ABC News

Read about a North Carolina mother who is suing a school resource officer after pinning and handcuffing her 7-year-old son who has autism. (The Hill

Kyle Rittenhouse is not going to face charges related to the gun he used to kill two men in Kenosha, Wisconsin. (Chicago Tribune

@emmadollenmayer

ed569918@ohio.edu