The Commission on Presidential Debates is considering changes to the debate format; virtual movie premieres continue

Today is Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Pretty much everyone thought Tuesday’s presidential debate was a disaster, including The Commission on Presidential Debates. 

Following the chaotic and confusing spectacle, the commission announced several changes they were considering. Possible changes include limits on speaking times that replace the open forum section of the debate, giving the moderator power to shut off a candidate’s microphone and penalizing interruptions. 

None of the changes have been made official, and they all pose their own challenges, but the non-partisan commission is frustrated with President Trump’s near-constant interruptions of his opponent, Joseph R. Biden and the moderator, Chris Wallace. 

In response, Tim Murtagh, the communications director for the Trump campaign, accused Joe Biden of, “trying to work the refs.” 

The commission has not made a final decision on what to do, but a decision on which measures to implement will be made shortly, according to an official statement from The Commission on Presidential Debates. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Read about the reopenings of different theaters and the continuation of virtual premieres. (The Post)

Before playing college football, Armani Rogers was recruited by Snoop Dogg. Here’s why he chose to transfer to OU, and how he’s adjusting. (The Post)

Check out what’s new to Netflix this October. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Grab your raincoats, showers are expected today. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Who are the Proud Boys, the group Trump told to “stand back and stand by”? (The Washington Post)

Coronavirus infections are surging in the Midwest and hospitals are strained. (Associated Press)

The Atlanta Braves and Cincinnati Reds broke the record for “Longest scoreless game.” (ESPN)

@noahcampaign

nw422218@ohio.edu