Weekender Briefs: Shop some local art, walk your “Pup”kin

Friday, Oct. 16

Shabbat To-Go at 4 p.m., hosted by Hillel at Ohio University. Although Hillel cannot host Shabbat in person, they still want to make your Shabbat dinner experience enjoyable. Sign up each week to receive a delicious kosher Shabbat meal with everything you need to bring in Shabbat to your residence with roommates or loved ones. Don't forget to join them on Zoom every Friday at 6 p.m. EST for services.

Admission: Free

Saturday, Oct. 17

Womyn's Art Collective Fall Pop Up Art Sale at 10 a.m. at Kindred Market, 284 E. State St. Members of the Womyn’s Art Collective will be selling their artwork in the parking lot of Kindred Market. Masks and social distancing are required. 

Admission: Free 

“Pup”kin Walk at 10 a.m. at the Athens Community Center, 701 E. State St. Celebrate the 10th anniversary of Live Healthy Appalachia with a healthy, energizing walk with your pooch. All dog participants will receive free homemade treats and a festive bandana. The walk will be socially distanced. Those without a four-legged friend are welcome as well. 

Admission: Free

Autumn Days Are Here Again at 1 p.m. at White’s Mill, 2 Whites Mill Drive. Come out and celebrate the arrival of autumn with Hocking Valley Bank at White’s Mill. Although many things have been canceled, the change of the season has not. This socially responsible event will require masks and social distancing. Kids will receive a treat and a pumpkin to take home and carve.

Admission: Free

Online/Zoom OR Outdoor Power Flow with Liz at 10 a.m. at Bodhi Tree Studio, 8950 Lavelle Rd., or online. Focussing on breathing and technique, this is a vigorous class designed to develop strength and mobility in the body and mind, and an overall sense of well-being and peace in the flow of life.

Admission: Free to try on Zoom, must sign up

@TaylorBurnette_

tb040917@ohio.edu