Police Blotter: Woman takes calming winter walk; false hold-up alarm activated

Watch Your Back

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 682 in The Plains based on a report of a suspicious car following a woman who was walking. 

Deputies located the car and found no criminal activity. They then searched for the woman but were unable to find her.

Broken Switch

The Athens County Sheriff's Office responded to a business hold-up alarm on N Plains Road in The Plains. Store employees told the deputies the alarm had been activated by accident because they thought the switch didn’t work.

A Calming Walk

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious persons report on Baker Road and Radford Road in Athens. 

When deputies arrived, they saw a woman sitting in the snow by the side of the road. She told deputies she was having a bad week and had taken a walk to calm down. Deputies took her back to her home and called her parents, who said they would stay with her for the night. 

Ghostly Light

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Hawk Road in New Marshfield on a report of someone with a flashlight outside of a residence. 

Deputies searched the area but did not find a person or any footprints in the snow.

Drunken Wanderer

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office arrived at Tomoko Trailer Park in The Plains on a report of a possibly intoxicated man wandering around. 

Deputies searched the area but did not find the reported man.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu