Chadwick Boseman receives posthumous Oscar nomination; Bobcat Battalion makes donation to Athens County Food Pantry

Today is Tuesday, March 16, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Chadwick Boseman received a posthumous Oscar nomination.

When the list of Oscar nominations was released on Monday, March 15, Boseman’s name was listed in the Best Actor category for his role in Netflix’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom

In the film, Boseman played Levee Green, a confident, ambitious man who was too proud for his own good. The character served as Boseman’s final performance before his death on Aug. 28 after a private battle with colon cancer.

Boseman also received several Screen Actors Guild nominations, a Critics Choice Award win and a Golden Globe Award win which were all accepted by his wife, Taylor Simone Ledward.

The Academy Awards will air April 25 at 8 p.m. on ABC or streaming online.

News from The Post:

Athens County reported 47 new COVID-19 cases in the past week. (The Post)

OU will hand out awards to those who make contributions to sustainability in the community. (The Post)

The Bobcat Battalion recently made a food donation to The Athens County Food Pantry. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Tune into the Necessary Roughness podcast where the hosts discuss what happened in the MAC tournament for the Bobcats.  (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today is mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of morning rain showers and cloudy skies at night. The high is 63 degrees and the low is 40 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Dr. Anthony Fauci warns Americans to not “make the same mistakes” as Europe struggles to contain its third coronavirus wave. (CNN)

Apple just discontinued the original HomePod speaker. (Yahoo Finance)

Beijing is facing the worst sandstorm in a decade as strong winds whipped up dust from the Gobi Desert and placed it across northern China. (NPR)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu