APD cruisers are parked at the department's headquarters. (FILE)

Police Blotter: Child found wandering alone; yet another catalytic converter stolen

Soon to be Towed

Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a request for tow tags to be placed on two abandoned vehicles. Deputies placed four-hour tags on each vehicle upon arrival. The owner of the property was told that when four hours had elapsed, he could call a tow company to pick up the vehicles.

Dog Fight

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of a dog attack at Rallen Drive in The Plains. The caller said a neighbor's dog attacked his own and caused injuries to his dog. 

Deputies referred the case to the dog warden and resumed patrol.

Wandering Kiddo

A 3-year-old child was found walking alone on Vore Ridge Road, in Athens, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The child had been playing outside with teenagers before he wandered off. 

He was taken back to his parents, and deputies notified Athens County Children’s Services.

Auto Theft

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a theft report at Tink’s Auto Center, in Millfield. The owner said a catalytic converter was cut off a car on his lot last Tuesday. He also provided the sheriff’s office video footage of the suspect.

This case is currently under investigation.

Sleeping in the Car

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious vehicle report at Wolfe Bennett Road, outside Nelsonville. The caller said they saw the vehicle sitting at the end of their driveway.

When deputies arrived, they found a man sleeping in his car. He said he was sleeping in his car after having a fight with his wife, but agreed to return home.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu