Weekender Briefs: Dance at Bollywood Night, learn the basics of flameworking

Friday, March 5

Diversity & Inclusion Drop-In Career Corner at 10 a.m. hosted virtually by Ohio University’s Career and Leadership Development Center and Division of Diversity and Inclusion. Get help with career-related needs from career coach Tamika Williams. Sessions are often used to discuss resume feedback or to answer general questions about career development.

Admission: Free

Coping Clinic: Feel Good Fridays at 11 a.m. hosted virtually by OU’s Counseling and Psychological Services. Learn about healthy coping skills in a supportive group setting. Students do not have to be a client with Counseling and Psychological Services or currently located in the state of Ohio to engage in Coping Clinic workshops.

Admission: Free

Bollywood Night at 6 p.m. hosted virtually by the OU Hindi language and Asian studies program. Engage with Indian culture and have fun while learning to dance to "Kala Chashma." Varalika Srivastava of the Thumak Dance Company will lead the event. Participants can register here.

Admission: Free

Saturday, March 6

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m. hosted by Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers’ market. The market accepts SNAP, credit cards and wholesome wave. Masks are recommended, and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Fix Hickory Trail at 10 a.m. hosted by the Athens Bicycle Club in the Thunderbunny Trailhead Parking Lot at Strouds Run State Park. Help fix a bridge on the Hickory Trail to better hiking conditions. It is recommended that participants wear good footwear and bring gloves.

Admission: Free

Level One Flameworking at 11 a.m. hosted by Hocking Makers Network, 3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville. Learn the basics of flameworking and make a mushroom pendant. The pendants will be available to be picked up on Sunday. Instructor Sabrina Suman will lead the class.

Admission: $35

Sunday, March 7

Headshot Marathon with Erica Matheny Photography at 11 a.m. hosted by Erica Matheny Photography. Get a headshot photo taken for free at the Athens Fairfield Inn at 924 E State St. Participants must book an appointment through the Erica Matheny Photography website.

Admission: Free

“Women of Appalachia Project” Fine Art Exhibition at 12 p.m., hosted by the Dairy Barn Art Center, 8000 Dairy Lane. Explore art created by a diverse group of women. The Women of Appalachia Project encourages the making of art that shares artists’ culture and experiences, addressing issues of stereotypes and marginalization. Reservations to view the exhibit can be made through the Dairy Barn website.

Admission: $5, free for Dairy Barn members

@isabelnissley

in566119@ohio.edu