Weekender Briefs: Join OU Hillel for virtual Shabbat, visit ‘For the Love of Athens’ photo contest and exhibition

Friday, April 2

Diversity & Inclusion Drop-In Career Corner at 10 a.m., hosted virtually by Ohio University’s Career and Leadership Development Center and Division of Diversity and Inclusion. Get help with career-related needs from career coach Tamika Williams. Sessions are often used to discuss resume feedback or to answer general questions about career development.

Admission: Free

Coping Clinic: Feel Good Fridays at 11 a.m., hosted virtually by OU’s Counseling and Psychological Services. Join Counseling and Psychological Services for an online, drop-in workshop that offers students creative ways to explore their thoughts and feelings. Resources to practice healthy behaviors will also be presented. Students do not have to be a client with Counseling and Psychological Services or currently located in the state of Ohio to engage in Coping Clinic workshops.

Admission: Free

Minority International Student Panel on Healthcare in Athens at 12 p.m., hosted virtually by the Racial Equity Coalition of Athens County. Learn about the experiences of minority international students and how they have navigated the health care system in Athens. The event will be hosted as a panel discussion, moderated by Vanessa Morgan of OU’s Office for Multicultural Advising and African American Student Success. Participants can register via this Google form.

Admission: Free

Virtual Shabbat at 6 p.m., hosted by Hillel at Ohio University via Zoom. Join OU Hillel for a student-led, virtual Shabbat. Although the event is online, students are still encouraged to lead prayer, offer a D'var or contribute musically. Registration is required through OU Hillel’s website.

Admission: Free

Saturday, April 3

For the Love of Athens Photo Contest Gallery Exhibit at 8 a.m., hosted by ARTS/West and the Athens Community Center, 701 E. State St. View “For the Love of Athens,” a photo contest and exhibition celebrating the people and places of Athens County. The show has been on display over the past few months at ARTS/West, and now, it is being hosted at the Athens Community Center for an encore viewing. Questions can be directed to Emily Beveridge at 740-592-4315 or ebeveridge@ci.athens.oh.us.

Admission: Free

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., hosted by Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E. State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers market. The market accepts SNAP, credit cards and wholesome wave. Masks are recommended, and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Level One Flameworking at 11 a.m., hosted by the Hocking Makers Network, 3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville. Learn the basics of using a torch and glass rods. The class will be taught by Sabrina Suman. Participants will make glass bees. Registration can be completed on the Hocking Makers Network website.

Admission: $35

Monday, April 5

International Flags on College Green at 8:30 a.m., hosted by OU’s International Student and Faculty Services Office and Office of Global Affairs and International Studies on OU’s College Green. View the international flags of OU students to celebrate IWeek. COVID-19 protocols remain in place. Photos of the flags can be shared using the hashtag #OHIOIWEEK21.

Admission: Free

@isabelnissley

in566119@ohio.edu