Weekender Briefs: Learn about pride and passion projects, explore flameworking

Friday, June 4

“Perceive with Caution” A Kennedy Museum of Art Merging Concepts Exhibition at 9 a.m., hosted by the Kennedy Museum of Art, 100 Ridges Circle. Visit the Kennedy Museum to see the student-developed, curated, designed and installed “Perceive with Caution” art exhibit. To schedule a time to see the exhibit, fill out the Kennedy Museum’s visitor approval Google Form.

Admission: Free

Saturday, June 5

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., hosted by the Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E. State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers’ market. The market accepts SNAP, credit cards and wholesome wave. Masks are recommended, and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Level One Flameworking at 11 a.m. hosted by Hocking Makers Network, 3301 Hocking Parkway, Nelsonville. Learn the basics of flameworking and make beads. The beads will be available to be picked up on Sunday. Instructor Sabrina Suman will lead the class.

Admission: $35

Introduction to Ceramics at 12 p.m., hosted by the Hocking Makers Network. Learn wheel throwing basics. Participants will be practicing their skills and making bowls. Registration is hosted online through the Hocking Makers Network website.

Admission: $35

“In Search of Possibilities,” a solo exhibit by Yujia Wang at 12 p.m., hosted by The Dairy Barn Art Center, 8000 Dairy Ln. View “In Search of Possibilities,” a solo exhibition by Yujia Wang. Wang is a designer, photographer and videographer who recently graduated from the School of Visual Communication at Ohio University. The exhibit features fashion and product photography and videography.

Admission: Free

Monday June 7

LGBTQ+ Pride and Passion Projects Panel at 6 p.m., hosted virtually by the Ohio University LGBT Center. Join the LGBT Center for an interactive panel discussion that will feature OU alumni and creative collaborators exploring the significance of pride in passion projects. Panelists will share their stories of creating inclusive conditions for establishing a creative podcast production team committed to honoring intersectionality. Registration for the discussion is located online.

Admission: Free

@isabelnissley

in566119@ohio.edu