Weekender Briefs: Paddle board at the park, see Jack Dunn and the Blackbirds live

Friday, July 30

Finding Balance Within and Out, Through the Great Outdoors at 8:30 a.m., led by naturalist Julie Gee and guest naturalist Rebecca Wood at Burr Oak State Park. Participants need basic paddle board experience and will experience the sights and sounds of the lake. Advance registration is required, and those interested can contact Julie at julie.gee@dnr.ohio.gov or 740-818-4530.

Admission: $20

Pharo Raro will be playing at 8 p.m. at The Union Bar, 18 W. Union St. Special guests will be performing. This includes Pink Owl and Lisa Lobes. The doors will open at 7 p.m.

Admission: $8

Saturday, July 31

Jack Dunn and the Blackbirds will be playing at 8 p.m. at The Union Bar, 18 W. Union St. Also performing will be Cutler Station. The doors will open at 7 p.m.

Admission: $8

Athens Farmers Market at 9 a.m., hosted by the Athens Farmers Market, 1002 E. State St. Shop for locally grown and locally made foods and goods at the farmers’ market. The market accepts SNAP and credit cards. Masks are recommended, and social distancing protocols are in place.

Admission: Free

Sunday, August 1

Artkinglot at 11 a.m., hosted at the Tavolino/Ciderhouse/Distillery area, 9 N. Shafer St. See featured artists, food vendors and live performers. The event goes until 3 p.m.

Admission: Free

@acarter3602

ac732319@ohio.edu