Police Blotter: Cellphone left at scene of trespassing; counterfeit money confiscated

Caught on a Stroll

Deputies came across a man hitchhiking on State Route 13 in Millfield while on patrol, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The deputies discovered the man had multiple warrants out for his arrest and took him into custody.

He was transported to court to appear on the warrants.

Suspicious Camper

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a suspicious persons complaint in Troy Township. The caller said the reported person was possibly staying at a campsite in the nearby woods. 

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to make contact with the suspect. 

Monopoly Money?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a business in Athens based on a report of counterfeit money being used.  When deputies arrived, they took the bill into possession to be destroyed.

Shhhh!

Deputies responded to a loud music complaint on Steinmeyer Road in New Marshfield, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The area was patrolled, but deputies heard no loud music at that time. 

However, when deputies received a second complaint from a different caller, contact was made with the person in question. The man said he would no longer play his music loudly and deputies returned to patrol.

You Should be More Careful

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Connett Road in The Plains in regards to a report of trespassers in a shed. When deputies arrived, multiple people fled from the shed on foot. 

Deputies located items that were possibly stolen, as well as a cell phone which they believe was left behind by one of the people who ran. 

If you think the phone left behind was yours, you can contact the sheriff’s office to identify and claim it. 

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu