Weekly Weather: Rain ending in time for the weekend, more pleasant conditions next week

A look at the weekend:

On Friday, a weak cold front will push through the Athens area, creating a chance for showers throughout the day. The cold front will also bring in more fall-like conditions, as we’ll see highs in the low 60s and lows in the 40s.

An area of high pressure will follow the cold front on Saturday, creating beautiful conditions. The Athens area will see highs in the low-to-mid 60s and lows in the upper 30s. It will be 58 degrees at kickoff at this weekend's football game at 1 p.m. against Kent State. 

Sunday will bring a low-pressure system into the Athens area, as well as an increased chance for rain throughout the day. Temperatures will remain nearly the same, with highs in the low 60s and lows in the 40s. 

Coming up next week: 

As the low-pressure system moves out of the area Sunday into Monday, there will be a lingering chance for rain as the next week starts. High pressure will dominate throughout most of the week, creating calm and dry conditions for most of the week. Temperatures will remain similar to the weekend, with highs in the 60s and lows in the 30s and 40s. Low pressure will build by the end of the week, creating a chance for another rainy weekend. 

@sydneyw_wx

sw844317@ohio.edu