Police Blotter: Road signs stolen; reported gunshots fired

Lost Packages?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a suspicious vehicle pulling into the caller’s property. The caller said the vehicle was a red Lincoln from Meigs County. The caller said he then saw the vehicle around several other areas and believed they may have been looking for packages at homes along Old Route 33 between Athens and Shade.

Got Signs?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to York Township in regards to a report of stolen road signs on Warren Drive and Pancake and Levering roads. Deputies met with township maintenance officials about the thefts of both the signs and poles. The theft is believed to have occurred during the day Oct. 14. 

No Walnuts for You!!

Deputies responded to Johnson Road, in The Plains, regarding a suspicious vehicle and person. When deputies arrived, they discovered individuals collecting walnuts off the side of the road. 

Deputies returned to patrol.

Ghostly Screams

Deputies responded to Johnson Road, in The Plains, regarding reported screams in the area, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.

When deputies arrived they were unable to find anything and neighbors said they had not heard any screams. No further action was taken.

911?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Crabtree Road, in Albany, in regards to an active 911 call. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with the homeowner and determined everything was fine. 

Deputies returned to patrol.

What was that?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Buchtel in regards to residents hearing gunshots nearby. The caller said a truck drove past his home and once it was past he believes he heard about five shots fired from the truck.

Deputies spoke with neighbors, who said they heard the same sounds. The area was patrolled, but deputies were unable to find the reported truck. 

The matter is under investigation.

Go Home

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to The Plains, in regards to a report of two people messing around near a business. The caller also said the people were being reckless in the road with a shopping cart.

Deputies patrolled the area, but they were unable to find the individuals.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu