Police Blotter: Cow reported near road; residence allegedly broken into

Road Rage

Deputies were flagged down by a person in a vehicle who told deputies they were being chased by another driver, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The individual told the deputies the other driver was in possession of a firearm.

Deputies were unable to determine if the firearm was used threateningly or not and the initial driver did not want to press charges. 

Don’t Overreact

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to State Route 685 regarding a report of a gun allegedly being pulled during an argument. When deputies arrived, they spoke with everyone involved. 

Conflicting accounts of the situation were given to deputies and they determined it was a civil issue. Deputies told the individuals it was a civil matter and asked one of those involved to leave the area.

Was it really a break-in?

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of active breaking and entering from a resident of The Plains. The caller was uncertain what the address of the alleged break-in was. 

Deputies patrolled the area and spoke with other residents. They did not witness any criminal behavior and other residents said they had not seen anything unusual.

Disappearing Cow

Deputies patrolled Enlow Road, in Albany, regarding a caller report of a cow near the road. Deputies were unable to find the cow during their patrol of the area.

Please Keep Track of Your Pets

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a stray dog on Hoover Road. When deputies arrived, they discovered the dog did not have a collar and took it to the Athens County Dog Shelter.

Double Crime

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a report of a residential disturbance in Waterloo Township. When deputies arrived, they spoke with those involved and determined the dispute was only verbal.

Deputies also discovered one of the individuals involved had multiple active felony warrants. The man was arrested and taken to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail without incident.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu