Police Blotter: Man’s car backfires; woman breaks into a residence

Uhm, Not Your House

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Allen Street, in Glouster, regarding a reported burglary in progress. The caller said when he returned home there was a strange woman leaving his house.

He said the woman was wearing clothing that belonged to himself and his son. He followed her to his neighbor’s porch and waited there until deputies arrived. 

When deputies arrived, they detained the woman, who said she was under the influence of drugs. She said she chose to enter the caller’s house when no one answered the door. She was then arrested and taken to Southeastern Ohio Regional Jail with no further incidents. 

Mysterious Mail

Deputies responded to Jet Star Drive, in Hockingport, regarding a report of a suspicious package delivered by mail, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The package was taken into custody as evidence.

The incident is under further investigation.

Eyes on the Road Please

Deputies were dispatched to Oxley Road, in Athens, regarding a vehicle wreck, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The vehicle had driven through a yard, struck multiple items and crashed over an embankment in the woods. 

The Richland Fire Department and EMS helped with patient care and vehicle removal upon their arrival to the scene. 

The crash is under investigation.

It Never Ends

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to a residence on Hartman Road, in The Plains, regarding a report of a stolen catalytic converter. Upon arrival, deputies talked to the caller and took a report of the incident. 

Just a Busted Vehicle

Deputies were dispatched to State Route 685, in Glouster, regarding a report of possible gunshot sounds. When they arrived, deputies talked to a motorist who said he was broken down.

He said his vehicle was backfiring, so deputies returned to patrol.

Hunting Season

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Coolville Ridge Road, in Athens, regarding the sound of gunshots. Deputies searched the area but did not find anyone nearby.

Deputies were asked to patrol again in the evening to look for hunters. 

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu